Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Try me! Look at me!

I went to the San Francisco Marathon last weekend to see my friend Arnold cross the finish line. The whole area was a marketing galore!







Event marketing is a great way for brands to have personal interactions with their target consumers. Besides giving away free samples to these consumers, brands associate themselves with the event's "values," which in this case are fitness, determination, strength, endurance....

As private labels steal market share from national brands, it is becoming even more important for name brands to build these emotional connections with consumers. Event marketing is an excellent way for brands to "touch" consumers outside of the retail environment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Helen! How are you?
    I totally agree with your post, I actually used to work in this area, sponsorships and events, and I can tell by experience it is a very effective way to build connections with consumers, as well as to position and strengthen a brand.
    I even developed a model to help evaluate and measure ROI of this kind of marketing/branding initiative. I can show you it one day if you'd like.
    When are you leaving (still going to London?) Hope you're having fun in the meanwhile!
    Giovanna

    ReplyDelete